Monday, July 13, 2009

Out and about

Hello,

Yoga was first on my schedule. It was a beautiful morning in the park with the sun sparkling on the water. There was a returnee who used to lead the Tai Chi portion of the morning so we did an extended session. Refreshments followed so it was a good morning. This is when I really notice that I am an introvert. Most of these people know each other so they talk easily. I am not quite sure where I can fit in. Do I approach this group that is talking? Do I stand around and look lost hoping someone will talk to me? I get the distinct feeling that extroverts have none of these dilemmas.

This afternoon was a tour of the distribution center for Iowa’s largest grocery store. They have a total of 240 stores that are in eight states. One of their buildings covers 12 acres. We went in the refrigerator and freezer areas where they make tons of ice. It was interesting to see how they ripen bananas to just the right amount for shipping to the stores. They employ here 1200 people who come from miles away.

Leroy had a phone interview with a church that is close to Clinton, IA. Leroy is not sure of his impression about going there. How much does all of this depend on feelings?

What we really want is a church that fits Leroy’s ideal church image and is thirty minutes from all of our children. We do not want much do we?

Before we moved to Ely, IA I was hoping for some place that was close to both of our parents. It was just about two hours from each. Can there be a place that fits that criteria again with children living in Washington, D.C., New Brighton, MN and Salt Lake City?

For those who do not use a cell phone much Tracfone is a good deal. I signed up for 30 more minutes (I still had 180 minutes.) and an additional year of service for a mere $65. That calculates to just a little more than $5 per month. Suits me just fine.

Paula

No comments: