Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Heat, Garden, and Water

Hello, Leroy has an early morning bible study so I am up early on Wednesdays as well. He left before I did, plus he drove and I walked. He is concerned about the heat at the end of his work day so he is driving instead of using his bike. I left before 8:00 when it was already 80 degrees F. There was a little breeze and the sun was still low in the sky, however by the time I got to church I was sweating. Un lady like, but true. The church door was locked so Leroy had to let me in, aren’t portable phones wonderful? He had also filled the water jugs. I did refill them and give it all a second drink. I sat and had a drink before starting home. It was certainly hotter on the way home. A stop at the garden was necessary. I picked half of the green beans, some of which were quite large. But I ran out of energy. So, I went after the cucumbers who were growing at a great rate. Before I picked any tomatoes, another woman drove up and started picking tomatoes. I gave her a bag from my supply, and asked, “Would you like some cumbers?” She helped by taking two of them. It lightened my load. She told me that last year she had canned some green beans, so I showed her where I had stopped picking. She told me about her health problems. Amazing what people will tell strangers. I met a cute, even though she has a nose ring which is not my favorite accessory, young woman on the way home. I asked her if she would like some cucumbers. She also took two of them and a tomato. Wonderful! Six other cucumbers stayed downstairs or were distributed. Paula

No comments: