Thursday, August 24, 2023

Booking A Flight

Hello, We have booked a flight to Miriam’s in Utah for Christmas. She called yesterday and said, “If you are going to book a flight for the holidays, I heard today is the cheapest day to do it.” Not sure I truly believe that, but we looked and found a flight that was not too expensive. Leroy tried booking it, but got hung up somewhere along the way. I tried to help, but we do not work well together on these things. We called Miriam and asked her to look to see what she found. She ended up booking it for us. We will be there a long time, makes it much cheaper to come some time ahead of Christmas and leave after New Year. She said, “You can stay that long. We might leave, but you can stay with the girls and the dogs.” Not sure how serious she is about that statement. We like both the girls and the dogs so it would be fine. Now Leroy is wondering how much time off he can take since we are working with our other travel partners for a winter get away in January or February. I told Leroy I could go alone if he cannot make it. I think he will come too. He would miss me and he does not want me to go on trips without him. It is in the high 90’s again today, but the feels like temperature is quite a lot lower than it has been, because the humidity is down. Not cool enough that I want to take a big walk Nin the evening. Leroy and I like rather ripe bananas. The food pantry in Ely is loaded with them. I brought home a box yesterday and froze several. Today I brought home some more, but found someone to give them to. Yes! I did freeze some that I still had in the refrigerator. Leroy and I will have to remember not to buy any bananas until we consume some of the frozen ones. Who knew food could become a chore. I dislike throwing it away. Paula

No comments: