Friday, October 28, 2022

Technology love, hate

Hello, Today, we signed in for our comfortable log-on to the cruise. We had to have a picture and were given much information as to how it should look. We took a picture on Leroy’s phone, but we were filling the form out on the computer so it was necessary to transfer it. For some reason on Leroy’s phone, we could not get it to go at all. Even with two people trying. Then we switched to my phone. Finally, we had passable pictures of both of us. I decided I must brush my hair and put on a little makeup. It helped some, but did not give my youth back. I have often saved picture to Facebook, in a way only I could see. That method was not available in my lengthy search. The next step was to send it to my email. That worked very well, but I could not easily figure out how to save it to the desktop which would allow me to save it to the check in site. The rest of the process was quite easy even for us. How much time and energy should all this take? We could have just waited to check in when we were on site. At some point I thought of calling on a grandchild to help with the process, but stubbornly kept at it. That does give a sense of accomplishment. Two days ago, I was getting some plants ready to settle in for the winter. A rather thick stemmed plant needed to be cut off. I got a serrated kitchen knife and started sawing. Oops, slipped, gashing my index finger on my left hand. Bleeding was profuse and pain followed. I was going to a meeting in about 30 minutes. It was a struggle to sit with my hand in the air bound with some cloth so blood would not be many places. I was a little shocked. Some deep breathing and relaxing were also necessary. It struck me: how vulnerable we are when alone and an accident happens. I am grateful for a nice supply of bandages. I can say with authority that fingers get bumped many times. It is much better today and so I can write to you. Grateful for healing. Paula

No comments: