Friday, October 21, 2022

Fall is Here

Hello, I had a doctor appointment this morning. It is in a building close to the church. I knew I could pull some plants that surely froze overnight. I put on my warmest coat, but not before I realize that I live in luxury because I have some choices of coats for different events or temperatures. I passed the community garden on the way. Even the Red Russia Kale looked quite stressed. I have always expected it to survive and thrive until December. It must have been colder than I knew about. Our thermometer had 24 degrees. I believe the kale can handle 19 degrees, but no lower. I was there early for the appointment, but my doctor was ready for me so I was done in record time. That meant I had a lot of time before my spiritually class at church. In the meantime, I pulled up the pullable plants. Some other day we will clip some of the others. I certainly did not want to water today. It was much warmer on the way home. When walking in one place I noticed many walnut leaves on the cars that were parked close. At home I saw that our yard was blanketed with walnut leaves. Never have I seen that before. All in the house agree it is a strange sight. We hope the tree is going to be ok.
Paula I am not sending these out on time. I think I will get back to it, but move on to other things. Mundane things, but necessary.

No comments: