Wednesday, August 17, 2022

What Morning Person

Hello, I did not consider myself a morning person when I was growing up, although there was no lying around in bed at my house. When I went to college, I found that I was up before many people. I had to eat breakfast before class. That was not a very popular meal on the early end. After having children, I was up early for sure. No loitering in bed for mothers of young ones. After the kids were older, I found walks to be some alone time. It seemed the morning before anyone else was up was a great time. It was always interesting to see the sky even in the dark. When I got home, I was ready to tackle the demands of the day. I no longer have such a need to get up early and find that I do not sleep as well, so staying in bed a little longer is quite seductive. That works some days. Leroy, picks up my habits. I do not think he was ever much of a morning person before me, but he can beat me out of bed now, especially if he has a reason to get up. On Wednesday he has a bible study to attend at 6:45 am. Wednesday finds him up and moving and I am still wondering about getting up. He has prepared for this by packing his lunch the night before as well as laying out his clothes. Not so long ago, it was light when he got up, but this morning it was dark with a hint of sun on the horizon. Times are changing. Paula

No comments: