Friday, August 12, 2022

Satisfaction

Hello, What gives us satisfaction? Gifting someone with vegetables from the community garden. Last evening, Leroy and I went to the garden to pull weeds and pick the beans and or cucumbers. We weeded quite a lot making the area look much better. There had been some places weeds had come back and some along the edge that had not been tended to in the first place. I also pulled up some green bean plants that were now yellow and lying on the ground. It was an easy pull and brought much satisfaction. I then turned my attention to the cucumbers that are easier to pick than the green beans. It took a bit of searching and gloves to get to all of the mature cucumbers. The total was ten or a couple more. Because we still have some large cucumbers at home, I could not imagine what we would do with these. We had not seen anyone sitting out on their front porch. That is how I usually share the garden wealth. Before we left the garden, I was dumping some weeds in the proper place. Leroy spotted a woman walking by, he asked, “Would you like some cucumbers?” She said, “Yes.” When I came back, I got them out of my bag. They were in two bags from produce we had purchased. I believe in recycling every random thing that I can. This woman not only took all of the cucumbers, but all of the beans Leroy picked as well as some Swiss chard and kale. I just hope she could manage to get it all home without too much trouble as it was quite a bit of stuff and her backpack looked fully extended. Paula

No comments: