Friday, August 19, 2022

Half of swimsuit purchased

Hello, I told Leroy I was going to look at more than one store to see what swimsuits they had left. This trip involved four stores. He still said, “Can I come? I want to go to a store that is in the area and look at their weather stations and also look for a water key.” Did he have any concept of what he was asking to be included in? I am not much of a shopper. I want to be in and out and done, but I did not expect this swimsuit search to follow that pattern. I do not always like the styles and the prices amaze me. My last suit is 16 years old. At the first place, Leroy searched futilely for a weather station, but found a water key, however he did not like the price there. Surprise, they have some clothes, but not the suits. I did end up buying a top and some pants that were in the clearance aisle. I expect them to be good for traveling since the tag said they dry quickly and had a good UPF rating. The next store was for my swimsuit search. They had many left, but I was not taken with the styles. I liked what I had seen online better. Also, the prices were higher than I expected. From there we went onto two more hardware stores. We did find some good weather stations and water key, but Leroy decided to put off that purchase for the time being. The next clothing store informed me when I asked about swim wear, that it the end of the season. The following store said there were still a few remaining. I found one bottom in my size. I tried it on, but was dismayed at how much of me was exposed when wearing it. At the last store on the list, I found many suits, tops and bottoms on clearance. I found a bottom I liked. I tried it on, and decided it was the one for me. It is a black short short so it covered more territory than the previous style. When back looking for a top, I realized I had left my purse in the fitting room. Panic, as I raced back to find it still hanging in the room. What a relief! Back out to look at the rack. I found a top I liked. However, in the fitting room it was a mighty struggle to get it to pull down into place and it cut in under my arms. Not for me, but I thought I might have to wear it home and be cut out of it, as it would not come off. What do I do? Should I call for help? I did not want the young attractive girl working out front to see all my exposed skin, but I was sure they did not want Leroy in a women’s dressing room. I wrenched this way and that before finally succeeding to get rid of that vile thing. I forgot to tell you that I did find another pair of dress pants that I liked. With the pants and the top, I told Leroy, “I am done here. I want to go home.” So now I have a bottom and not top. Leroy suggested I just go topless, but what does he know about my comfort level? Paula

No comments: