Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Walking in the Rain

Hello, I volunteered to water the plants at church yesterday and today. I did my job yesterday. At the end of that task, I filled the jugs so I would not have to do it today. What a surprise! The jugs were empty. I tracked around trying to find someone who might know about that. The plants did not look that wet, but I figured someone must have watered, especially after hearing that there was a man who does it when the primary water person cannot do it. On the walk home it started to rain, not so much, but enough to encourage me to pick up the speed. I stopped in a store, put on my sun hat, and sun protection shirt and sped off the rest of the way home. When I got here, I was quite wet, but not really from the rain it was my sweat. I did not want my phone to get wet so I did not slow down but it would have been pleasant since it is so warm outside. This noon I had volunteered, along with a number of other people from church, to help serve meals at a closer church. It is so good that the churches band together to make this happen for families in the summer. Each church takes turns serving for much of the summer. I took my rain coat in case it rained again. It was not raining until I got closer to home. I did put on the rain coat but I did not hurry so much which meant that I did not sweat so much. I am glad that I did not water the plants at church. Surely this rain happened a mile away. Paula

No comments: