Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Strong bag

Hello, This bag has been with me for a long time. Originally it belonged to Brian. I cannot remember, it seems he had it in high school. He graduated in 1995. The bag was not “very good”, so he threw it away. I found it before it went to the garbage pickup. It looked fine to me so I pulled it out. I used it for sometime before the zipper failed. I knew that the company guaranteed their products for life. I did not know “whose life,” the bag or mine, but I sent it in. It came back with the zipper repaired. I am not sure how I used it in the first place, but it went to Slovakia with me where it got almost daily use. It was great for hauling my stuff to school as well as bringing groceries home from the store. We did not have a car there so public transportation and our legs provided many challenges, but also many gifts. This bag could hold my clothes when we made our trips around the area to other towns or countries. It felt like my best friend, strong and faithful with no sassing, just there without complaint when I needed it. It was at times stretched to the limit. After returning to the United States, it was not used quite as much. We still tried to walk as much as we could so it was a great help many times. Since we have lived in Cedar Rapids it has become more tired but I still used it to carry my dress shoes to church as well as books, etc. We added reflector stickers to it because we walked at night so often. Finally, I got a new bag for those uptown occasions and this bag became my designated garden bag carrying knives, tools, produce and dirt. When it breaks again, I will not send it to the company to repair, but will hold a requiem for it. Well, maybe not that formal, but I will be sorry to part with it. Paula

No comments: