Saturday, June 11, 2022

Not Competitive, but

Hello, Leroy used to complain that I got more steps than he did on the same walk. For some reason, he seems to get more than I do. We took a short walk this morning, went shopping together, and were together much of the rest of the time, he has three thousand more steps than I do. How did that happen? Neither of us can explain it. Leroy is still on his 10,000 steps per day streak. It is now 41 days. I am not in the competition at all as I do not seem to get it on my work days. He is going to walk outside now. I will join him even though I need so many more. At this moment I only have 6,826 which is a bit shy of 10,000. What is disgusting is that Leroy has had quite a bit of time to read and I have not at all. What do I do with my time? I did make bread. June 11, 2022 Somehow the day got away from me and I did not finish writing. Both of us got our 10,000 steps. We were going to deliver neighborhood newsletters tonight, but it is a little misty. That is not good for these papers that are exposed to the weather. Both of us still have a few steps to cover. We can do that, but I am not sure how long we can be out. I did read a graphic novel today, it was really a memoir, but graphic. This book, Gender Queer, has been banned often. I can understand how that might be, but I also found it great for helping me to see how another person feels and the pain they experience before learning more about themselves and the world around them. Reading is a great way to find out about other people and see them as fellow human beings. I would recommend this book. Paula

No comments: