Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Days so full

Hello, Leroy and I went to northeast Iowa to celebrate my 50 + 2 college reunion. Because of Covid it was delayed. I was sorry to learn that two of my favorite people were not going to be there. However, it was still a good time. As expected, people looked older, but surely not me. Grateful for name tags and pictures from senior year to make the connections. I feel that I spent a good bit of time talking to people that I never visited with while at school. Does that often happen? The last day was for a church service, traveling home, and for us talking about our 51-wedding anniversary. Two of my grandchildren declared me to be very old. A point that I could not argue with as it is much longer than their lifetime. At home I went to work the next day and plunged into the summer schedule at the library which is quite an intense time. There are many, many people in the library, mostly families and children. We have reading support morning and afternoon, as well as a program everyday in the afternoon for children and teens. All of this extra traffic increases circulation. Many people were new to the library necessitating the filling out of library card information. All of that takes more time. Then there are the full carts of books that need to go back on the shelf. For some reason there were also more interlibrary loan requests. That also takes a bit more time than usual. And some people think we sit around and read books. I have a long list of possible, but not so much time even when I am home. I do like the energy that is in the building during the summer. Paula

No comments: