Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Bat On the Screen

Hello, When I closed the window in the spare bedroom, I saw a bat clinging to the top of the window screen. I was pleased to see it sleeping in a save place. I had wondered if bats hung out under there as we could see droppings on the sill. Neither of us could identify them, but we suspected bats.
Leroy and I went to the garden this morning at the early hour of 5:30. It was a beat the heat plan that turned out to be good. The only draw back was that the ground was so dry it was difficult to pull weeds. We did get some out of there, but left many more than we took out. We took a little time to water, but it was not nearly enough. I have a hard time remembering that person I used to be who got up early almost every day, went to the garden, and picked squash bugs, tossed them on the ground before stomping on them. It certainly extended the life of our zucchini. It seemed much more of a chore to get to the garden so early today. I use a cup of sesame seeds when making granola. I make it about every week or two. So that is a lot of cups. I ordered it in bulk. I will put some of the bags in the freezer even though it might be fine without doing that. We are fortunate to be able to do that because a little jar would not be very efficient. Besides I get a ten percent discount this way. While at that store, I spotted red lentils marked to less that half price. I bought four bags of those. We both like them. They will not last too long at my house. Paula

No comments: