Monday, May 2, 2022

Sleeping In Church

Hello, Our adult choir sang yesterday. Leroy and I are not close to each other, so I do not have to keep an eye on him. After we got home, he reported that he and the guys sitting on either side of him took turns sleeping during the sermon. Apparently, they would all woke from second to second or minute to minute. I was blissfully unaware that Leroy was sleeping. It embarrasses me if I am beside him. In the afternoon we went to an organ concert. Leroy, had a goal of finishing the book he was reading so no nap at home. He did take a nap during the first piece of the concert. I woke him two times by discreetly and gently rubbing on his thigh. He did wake, but promptly went back to sleep so I decided to ignore him. He woke for the clapping and was awake for the rest of the concert. This organist did a great job of improvising. He is from Croatia. I talked to him afterward about it. He did have the theme ahead of time so he could think about it. This was a familiar hymn. It was fun to hear what he did with it. For an encore he did another hymn. It was so obvious that he had fun. The audience even laughed at spot. The only other time I have heard an organist improvise was when I was in college. This organist was also a European. A composer gave him a 12-note sequence that they had just make up. The organist sat there for about two to five minutes and then proceeded to play for about 15 minutes. I was amazed. Paula

No comments: