Friday, May 27, 2022

Energy abounds

Hello, Leroy has been pursuing his 10,000 steps a day with great focus. One day he commented that he might have to stay up to midnight to accomplish it, but he did it much sooner than that. I was prepared for him to stay up late. His goal is to do this for the month of May. As he commented, “May is a long month!” I frequently get 10,000 steps, but often not on the days I work. He gets some step credit when he rides his bike to work so I think he has it easy. My biking trips net few steps unless that road is quite rough, then it adds a few more. We have had baby birds leaving the nest this week. It is quite fun to watch. In the past I have only disparaged starlings, but those nesting in the trees have changed my attitude. I admit they might have a place in the world. These birds can fly quite strongly when they leave the nest. It just seems to take a little practice. There have been hummingbirds visiting the feeder. It is so much fun to see them fly forward and backward with wings moving faster than my eye can really see. Even the young squirrels can run up and down the side of the tall maple tree. I am sad that so many branches are no longer on this tree, but it gives us a great view of the local wild life. We also have a baby rabbit that lives in the back yard. It scooted around getting braver all the time. I am not particular pleased to see rabbits because they happen to like the garden things too much. Leroy and I walked to church today and pulled some weeds in the back flower bed. We also walked around to look at the front and ended up yanking out some small trees in the bushes there. We are done working for the day. Paula

No comments: