Sunday, May 15, 2022

Changes in Our Lives

Hello, We drove 25 miles to have Leroy get a hearing test at this store that has been recommended by many. We drove home with little more than knowing Leroy has too much wax in his ears to have a reliable test. He got an appointment with an ENT. Can you imagine the only appointment available is this Wednesday? His next hearing test is two weeks later than his last appointment. He thought he would have hearing aids by then but as many of you know life does not always go as planned. At least this is just a minor bump in the road. I had won a raffle at the museum two years ago. It was a nice amount on a gift card for a local bike shop. We had gotten a bike rack, but I could not find a bike that I wanted. Because of my hip/leg issues I felt that maybe it was time to buy an electric assist bike. They had two on the floor for me to look at. I went with the more expensive even though we would have to contribute quite a bit to the cost. It seems to me that because I have used my other bike since 1993, this could be my last bike. I still have to pedal all of the time; I just get some help when I ask for it. We brought it home yesterday, charged the battery and let it get used to its new home. Today we went for a three-mile bike ride that included some hills. It only has ten gears compared to my former bike that had 21 gears, if I remember correctly. It was amazing. We started riding and I had no idea what gear I was using with no assist. It was only after a bit that I found I was in top gear, but it did not seem that hard to get going. It moves so much more fluidly than my old bike. The only time I needed any help was going up a hill. The two lowest levels did a great noticeable help.
I will have to admit that my bottom was ready to come home and sit on another surface. It was saying, “Go home!” Paula

No comments: