Wednesday, April 6, 2022

How much wind?

Hello, Are we the windy city now? It seems like it blows strongly almost all of the time. The garbage cans blow over even though they seem sheltered to me. We have now weighted them. The welcome mats have a new magic carpet feel as the wind drives under them. I returned a bucket to a neighbor, or at least I thought it was theirs, but they never took it in. Later, I returned it to the next neighbor with the same result. Today I once again found it blowing in the alley. I decided to claim it. Who knows, it might have come from a block away instead of next door. I thought I had this new word processing format figured out. That is apparently not the case. I wanted to make a new folder for this month’s letters, but cannot make such a thing happen. Guess I need a younger person in the house. Where are kids when you need them? Can you imagine I still have some knowledge? Our oldest wanted to know when house plants can go live outside for the summer. I had an answer that might work even though I do not know the type of plant in question. There is one white and one pink blossom on the two Thanksgiving cactus plants. I am trying to appreciate them every day as I know it will be some time before I see them again. Leroy rode his bike today. I believe he will have to ride into the wind on the way home. I walked a little bit, and was grateful for the protection of the buildings from time to time. Paula

No comments: