Saturday, April 23, 2022

Choir and Stamps

Hello, Yesterday, a college choir sang at our church. Leroy and I helped to serve the meal for them. Actually, I served and Leroy ran the dishwasher. For me it was more standing around than not. We came early enough that we could help prepare the tables. Certainly, helped us to feel useful. After cleanup and a quick meal, we went to the concert. It was very good. We were impressed with how well done it was. This school was somewhat of a rival of my college so I was not expecting it to be as good as it was. We came home quite late for us. We are seldom out after 9:00pm. It will be about the same tonight. Someone gave us tickets to the symphony. Leroy stayed awake last night. Wondering if he can manage again tonight. I try very hard to ignore him if he falls asleep. I would certainly wake him if he snores. He would not be so likely to do that while sitting up. This morning the local stamp club had a show or whatever it was called. It is a place that has a number of dealers come to sell stamps. Leroy said, “Many of the people who came were old. Often, they were trying to sell stamps to the dealers rather than buying more.” Leroy helped out at the door as well as looking around. He did not buy anything. He saw one set that he would like, but he tells me he has seen it for less advertised in a catalog of a company that he frequently buys from. Paula

No comments: