Monday, April 11, 2022

Who has enough time?

Hello, Leroy and I wonder how we used to get so much done in different areas. We both feel busy much of the time, but do not manage to get as much accomplished. For instance, yesterday was Palm Sunday. Leroy used to have more responsibilities at church and much of that spilled over to me. This year, we did have to be at another church that is actually a shorter walk for a joint choir presentation. It seemed quite early, but we made that. After being there for about 2.5 hours we walked home, ate a snack and relaxed for a time before we had to make lunch. As we were getting that together, the guy who was tilling the garden called to say he was ready to till today and he would see us there at one o’clock. I think we were there at one, but he had already come and gone. Luckily, some other neighbors beat us there and they were able to extract tomato cages and plant markers. I had been hoping to pick up all the trash that had blown in, but that was not to be. I did find some pieces that were on top and deposited them in the bag I had with us. We visited a little with the other couple before walking home. On the way home we started picking up wind blown trash. At a closer neighbor’s house, we had a long visit with the guy who used to live there. He is from another country and I had some difficulty understanding at times. But he did thank us for picking up the trash. I know that I appreciate not seeing it when we take our walks. We still needed more steps so we took another walk before going home. Almost hate to confess, but we did spend some time in the evening watching TV. We also both spent some time reading before the day was done. I try to keep Sunday as a nonwork day, but it is not easy. Paula

No comments: