Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Walking outdoors at 8 degrees F.

Hello, I am going to work today. It is to snow again while I am there or coming home, but it is predicted to be only two inches and the temperature is much lower so it should be easier to drive. I am not concerned, but I will pack my winter bag of extra boots in the car along with some warmer things. I believe I usually have a sleeping bag in there since it is so easy to make compact along with a warm hat and wind breaker pants. That should help me if I go in the ditch and have to spend some time there. From now on I will also make sure there is half a tank or more of gas in the car. We walked this morning at that low temperature of 8 degrees Fahrenheit. There was little wind so it was not too bad. I wore my new packable down coat. It is not a long as my other down coat. I did notice that. I also noticed that I did not have snug enough clothing under it so the cold crept up from the bottom. Otherwise it was a warm coat. Leroy and I are so happy that we cleared the sidewalk. It is perfect for walking. The trail had not been cleared, but not many had traveled on it so it was like walking in new crusty snow. The sidewalks that had not been cleared were more of an issue as there were many frozen foot prints creating icy ridges to navigate. We should have come down to the end of the alley and cleared that snow away, but were tired when done with our own areas. Paula

No comments: