Thursday, December 30, 2021

Home With more snow

Hello, Yesterday seemed like the better time to be driving because only an inch of snow was predicted. Arriving at work, I took the time to secure the cloth piece that fits over the wind shield. It saves me a bit of time when cleaning off the car. Last night was a great time to have put it on because there was not much wind so I could basically flop it over to the other side and pull it off in one sweep. I have learned to clean off the rest of the car before clearing the front so I can hop in and drive away. Last night was no different. That cloth thing is stored in its own zippered pouch. I find it to be a very nice invention. Before leaving for home, I called Leroy to let him know when I was ready to leave the library since it would take some time to get the snow off and be ready to drive. I know if I am late he starts to be concerned. I was happy to hear him say that he would clear the incline in front of the garage. In fact that was a subliminal reason for calling. With the full garage door now, instead of two smaller ones, it is not so much of an issue, but I do not enjoy slipping as I go into the garage. Early in the evening, a library patron said, “It has started to snow and is a bit slippery. You must be careful on your way home.” I did not notice any slipping, but I did not drive fast either. It felt good to pull up the snow free incline and park in the garage. Leroy had also had time to do all of the sidewalks. It was so nice to walk this morning. I am so grateful for all those who promptly clear the sidewalk of snow. It is a city rule that there is 24 hours to get it done, but some ignore that and let it become solid ice. Paula

No comments: