Saturday, December 4, 2021

Papers eliminated, shoes added and health report December 4, 2021 Hello, Our last year’s tax forms were requested by our financial advisor. When looking for them, I was astonished by the amount of paper in there. Leroy is financially conservative and that includes eliminating older tax forms. He learned that seven years is plenty for us. He had them since 2001. He went through and tossed all instruction forms, or anything that did not have personal information. That took our several pounds. This morning we both went through the pile again and weeded out many more pages with careful scrutiny. He will go Monday and buy a new shredder as ours does not always work so well. He has long wanted one of the newer more meticulous ones. The house will be lighter. I have one pair of sneakers that is getting a hole. I ordered two pair online and they came today. With a short time on my feet they felt good. I will wear them at least two hours in the house before deciding that they are keepers. Miriam wrote this update for her health and I am passing on that note. “Here’s the current health update for me. It has now been three weeks since the surgery to remove the mass in my brain. Honestly having the surgery was incredibly scary and stressful for our family, but the surgeon and medical team did an excellent job of providing care for me. Once back home from the hospital the first week to week and a half were incredibly challenging with pain and needing to receive help with a great deal of basic activities of daily living. I’m happy to report that now I have not taken anything for pain in over a week and I’m feeling fairly good. I’m able to sleep through the night and have not had any seizures in over a month. I was able to return to work this past week (with a driver) and greatly enjoyed being back in the world. Thanks so much to everyone for the care, love and support we have received during this time.” I also wanted to share the pictures of my flowering cacti. I found that one orange flower to be quite a mystery. How did it come to be on a plant with only white flowers?
Paula

No comments: