Wednesday, December 8, 2021

New Shoes

Hello, I am wearing one pair of new shoes at home to learn if they are a good fit. So far it has been good for this first mail order purchase. I like to wear the shoes at least two hours before I declare them acceptable. It is better if I spend much of the time walking, but I am just not motivated to do that. I am ready to wear my new shoes when we leave town in two weeks. I have not purchased any new clothes for quite some time, so I suppose I should look into that, but I find that a chore. I should have a personal clothes buyer. Leroy and I decided not to put up or out any Christmas decorations. We usually put them out in the middle of December and take them down at Epiphany which is January 6. Because we will be gone from December 22nd to January 4th it did not seem worthwhile. Leroy now tells me he wants to put something out. If we had a small tree that could go out, but instead we will put out our manger scenes because we store them on this level, making them easier to access. Also, for the second time we cannot find our epiphany star. Surely we put it in a place which was supposed to be good for us to find it. Leroy drove to work today because of the low temperature. Yesterday we went to tai chi together and I dropped him off at work. He walked home the three miles, but was overly prepared for the cold which included wind. He said, “I was so warm when I got home that it was great to put on a short sleeved shirt for a while.” I had been a bit concerned about him being too cold, but that was not necessary. Do you think I can learn from that? Worry or fussing does not help or create the ultimate outcome, right? Paula

No comments: