Sunday, June 27, 2021

Walking

Hello,

 

We enjoyed our walk to church this morning with a light breeze and cool air. It was warmer on the trip home, but still nice. We made plans to walk with some friends this afternoon. It was much warmer and rather humid, but we still got a big walk in. I just checked my steps now and it registers, 14,338 which logs in as over 6 miles. I will add more before the day is over, but no more big walks. Oops I forgot, we are going to pick black raspberries after we eat. So it will be a longer walk.

 

We are so grateful to live so close to the bike/walking trail. We certainly have gotten much use from it. Today we walked up to a place where a tunnel is going under a four lane busy street. We had to see the state of progress. Hopefully soon, it will open. I suspect it will be busy, busy at first. This will connect some other trails in the city. Someday it would be nice to take a bike trip to see how far we can go around the city without using the streets. I would like to be impressed.

 

I am grateful to be able to walk. I talked to some people at church who are now using walkers or canes. They both sounded upbeat that they can still move on their own. It apparently took a turn of their mind or attitude to be ready to let people see that they needed some assistance. Both of them have come to accept it and I believe that it helps them move forward. May I have as much grace at adapting to more frailty in my life if/when it comes.

 

I am grateful for 73 years to be able to move on my own with ease. Sometimes I even thank my body parts. There was once a woman who led yoga who would say we should thank our feet for all they have done for us. I have included a few more parts that have worked well for all these years.

 

Paula

No comments: