Monday, June 28, 2021

Up and Out Early

Hello,

 

Leroy and I planned to be in the garden by 6:00 am to beat the heat! Leroy woke at 5:15 and hopped out of bed. “You are so early?” I questioned.

 

“Yes I am ready to go,” he replied, “You do not have to come yet, but just help me move the cart out of the garage.”

 

“No, I will come now,” I grudgingly stated, as I started getting ready.

 

It was fine and nice when I got outside, especially after the almost half mile walk to the garden.

 

We got right to work with me pulling some weeds and putting down newspapers in that spot while Leroy filled the cart from the woodchip pile. We covered a nice amount of space and also managed to plant some Swiss Chard. Leroy is skeptical about this planting time, but I am all for it, so I just did it without his permission.

 

We got to the garden at 5:45 and came home at about 6:15 with a sense of accomplishment. Leroy is going to go back again Tuesday evening. Usually others help, but no one else was there this morning. I believe someone else is planning to come on Tuesday which is nice since I cannot help then with my work schedule.

 

Paula

No comments: