Sunday, June 20, 2021

Books From the Little Free Library

Hello,

 

Books can be in the little library for some time and then just like that, several move on to a new home. This morning when we walked by on the way to church, I noticed one on the ground in the light mist. We picked it up and shut the adult side door. Luckily the book was not so very wet, more like damp. We did not have time right then to take it in the house. Our doors are not latched as securely as they should be. Leroy put one of his “rubber bands” on the adult side. He makes these from old bike inner tubes.





 

I was so surprised to see that many of the books for adults were no longer there. Considering the book on the ground and the door open I wondered if it were vandals. Leroy convinced me that they were probably taken to be enjoyed because it seemed that there are more things they could have done to the unit if interested in vandalizing.

 

I have had two people say they would have some books to donate. It will be a big help. I have been buying them from the library when people donate books that look like a possibility for sharing. I try not to cheat the library friends, but I do not pay so much for each book. It is an easy way to replenish our supply. I will have to pay more attention to the children’s books because they are definitely not hanging around so long. We are happy to have this service for the neighborhood.

 

Paula

No comments: