Thursday, October 3, 2019

Relieved!

Hello,



In the early mornings I have been waking up to try to figure out where the instructions for the WI-FI access are hidden. The email page is now quite vivid in my mind; either a “photo” of the real page or a figment of my imagination. The instructions were that I must keep track of the information. They sent this soon after I received the rental confirmation. We were leaving home at the time and then we had guests. So it just sat there until I forgot about it. I had even looked at the email more than once, but it is now buried on the computer or the internet or even farther away.



The worst thing about all this is that it robs me of energy and confidence along with sleep. Leroy catches some of the edge of my anxiety and unease.



I keep trying to convince myself that it is not such a big deal. Maybe they will not give me a repeat email, but surely if I paid them more money they would hand it over.



On the other hand, there was a time when we were in a time and place with no connection with the outside world except the phone. Life was just fine then. Because this seems so necessary, now I wonder, “What will my friends think of me and my incompetence?”



I am so relieved! I looked at my email today to find a final instruction letter about the house my college friends and I are renting for our get together. The user name and password were in those instructions. If I were more emotional I would have wept. I had Leroy come help me get it printed on our new printer which I am not all knowing, yet. Leroy knows the printer or almost all. I now have the papers printed so if that email becomes elusive I can still get on WI-FI. Maybe I should write the information in a few more places, just in case.



Such unnecessary fussing!



Paula

No comments: