Saturday, October 12, 2019

Excited

Hello,



My college friends are getting together tomorrow. My roommate will be with us this afternoon and evening. Another roommate is now in Iowa going to visit her sister. She will join us tomorrow in Galena. My other friend lives within driving distance so she will also meet us at the destination. One of these people I have not seen in years, maybe even forty.  One it has perhaps been ten years. One of them I saw last summer. That makes for a real mix.



I am excited. It is all coming together just fine. Hoping for some beauty in the trees and crisp air. We have rented a house so we can all be together as much as we would like. Next year is our 50th college reunion so we are really speeding up the visiting. This time we can just visit with each other and not a lot of other people that we know will be at the 50th.



Leroy and one other guy will be there so they might have to entertain themselves from time to time. We are just going to go expecting the best possible time for all.



It did not freeze last night, but it was predicted. Our thermometer registered 32 degrees F. To stop the growth of much, it has to get a bit lower.



At least I know not to pack summer clothes.



Paula

No comments: