Monday, October 7, 2019

Conflicted

Hello,



In the past, when Leroy worked 40 plus hours per week, I did almost all of the neighborhood newsletter delivery by myself. He would help with about a half hour of this task. Now that he is retired from one job, he has helped deliver those newsletters. Part of me likes it that he is contributing so much. In fact I had a little of the martyr complex about doing so much. Another part of me is sorry that I am not getting so much walking in. One of my feel good ideas about walking is that it is the best when my steps have another purpose than just walking to be walking. So I am conflicted between appreciating the help and missing my additional walking the solo task required.



In the same territory I got many steps when I hung out clothes. I considered that one of the benefits of hanging clothes, besides a good excuse to be outside. Now Leroy has been helping me which essentially cuts the work and the steps in half. Again it is both positive and negative. Sigh!



When I mentioned it to wise Leroy he said, “There are always tradeoffs.”



Leroy is the guy who sees the gray in life while I am more to the black or white side of things. Living with Leroy for 48 years or perhaps just living longer has opened up more of the gray sight for me, but Leroy still has the greater vision.



Leroy is starting to make a list so he remembers what he had thought to do on his days off. Some learning goes the other way as I am the family list maker.



Paula

No comments: