Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Bugs

Hello,



I went to the community garden this morning. It had been a long time since I had been there. The yellow tomatoes are just not so popular and several were on the ground. Inspection revealed that they were not good enough to keep because bugs were munching away with pleasure. Still there were two small bags when I got done picking.



Even though it seemed they maybe should stay on the vine longer two small butternut squash went in my bag because they had developed some odd spots on their skins. It seems that bugs might move in there too.



There were several broccoli sprouts that will make a good meal when put all together. I am pleased to report that there are not so many worms on it in this cooler season.



When I was looking at the zucchini in my own garden I felt a tickle in the corner of my eye. I rubbed it, but it still bothered me. Then I wondered if a bug had gotten in my eye. I tried to cry, but I am no good at producing tears for “no reason”. I rubbed some more going from the outside to inner the corner hoping to help any interloper get out of there. Finally I went in and looked in the mirror. I could see nothing. Perhaps it was just a spider web tickling the skin in that area. Spiders and their webs seem to be in great supply at this time of year. Walking though them is not my favorite thing to do. I have to work hard not to imagine spiders crawling on me afterwards. It is also necessary to create self talk to remind me about the good that spiders do in our world.



Paula

No comments: