Saturday, July 20, 2019

Hot Day

Hello,



Leroy and I went out at the crack of dawn to do some work on weeds outside, not to help weeds, but to eliminate. I dead headed some flowers and watered anything whether it looked thirsty or not.



It was great to be outside and not feel overwhelmed by the hot humid air. It was not cool, but better than it will be. I was also upset when I saw the amaryllis that I plant outside for the summer had been attacked by some critter that tore off the leaves and chewed on the top of the bulb. I did not even see the fourth bulb or the leaves. My downstairs friend said, “Did you see that bulb I found the other day? I put in on the deck.”



Unfortunately I had not seen it. It could well have been the smaller amaryllis. I am sorry to see this destruction. All creatures must eat, but I only like to share certain things.



Last night Leroy and I took a long walk. It was great to walk under trees and in open areas where the breeze was wafting through. I was happy to get my 10,000 steps in spite of the sweat dripping off my chin. Amazing how cool it felt to go inside where the AC was working without a problem. It almost seemed cold. Adjustments, adjustments!



We are going to my hometown for the all school reunion. I will also visit with my brother and his family. Some of the reunion activities are to be outdoors. Hopefully that will be in the shade. I am a bit concerned about that. If there is too much sun, I will have to leave and just consider it a visit with my brother. I am not sure why but it reminds me that our parents and sister have died. So a bit sad to think about the changes, even if many of them are an expected part of life.



Paula

No comments: