Saturday, July 6, 2019

Delivering Newsletters

Hello,



This morning I did another batch of newsletters. Morning was the better choice compared to the hot afternoon. Besides the temps being a bit lower there were some breezes. I do talk to random people from time to time on these delivery forays. This morning I talked with a guy walking his dog. First he told me that he would like to come to the meetings but he works on Thursday when we hold the meetings. He told me that he likes trout fishing and soon he will be able to do more of that as he is retiring from both of his jobs. A woman yesterday also told me she would like to come to the meetings, but works on Thursday nights. I do know there are many who do not work on Thursday, but still do not manage to come. Habits of staying home are hard to break.



I also spoke this morning with a neighbor whose twin granddaughter’s are at risk in uterus. His daughter is now in the hospital and they are trying to delay birth. It is good to get out in the area and visit with people. I am often surprised at how much people talk when they do not know me. Maybe having the newsletter in hand makes me a safe person to talk with.



There is still a group of deliveries to make. I had thought Leroy might help me, but I might do it alone as we want to pick berries again tomorrow and I want to go shopping with help from Leroy to try to pick out some curtains and rods. After church there is only so much time and energy in the day. I could deliver the last of the newsletters Monday morning before I go to work. That might even be the coolest choice.



Paula

No comments: