Monday, July 22, 2019

School Reunion

Hello,



Saturday, I went to my high school reunion. It was for all the alumni. Unfortunately only two others from my class were there. Fortunately my school was small and I knew a number of the people who attended from other classes. It was great to see four of my former teachers. All but one of them remembered me. I also found it interesting to see that they did not look so old because when they taught they were old.



I was also pleased to reconnect with some of my cousins on my mother’s side of the family. It is not often that I see these people since only one of them lives in the area although all of us are within driving distance.



Leroy went along and he dealt with it all ok even though he knows no one. He managed to visit with some people in spite of them being strangers. It was so noisy that we did not stay too late, plus I had talked with everyone that I knew by sight or nametag. It was often a process of getting close enough to someone’s ear so they could hear. Not complaining here just noting the difficulty of talking in a room with all who are trying to be heard and the volume keeps rising.



I was once again struck by how beautiful this part of the country is. I had not been there for some years. I love those hills covered with woods. It is not easy for me to think about leaving this part of the Midwest.



Paula

No comments: