Wednesday, July 25, 2018

The Lost is Found

Hello,



Each grandchild and child, along with Leroy and I, have our names embroidered on napkins. It would appear that the grandchildren enjoy putting out those napkins for all to use. When Miriam’s and Brian’s families were here, they were used at the shared meals.



Today I washed those napkins along with other kitchen items. While hanging them on the clothes line I thought about each person as I hung up their name. At the last napkin I noticed that Sophia’s was not among them. I looked at each napkin once more. In the house I searched the laundry baskets and pulled open drawers where it might have been stored. No napkin. In my mind I started to think about what to do. Should I just take any other napkin and put her name on it? I did not have any more of the type that is for all of the grandchildren. Should I let her choose? I really did not want to redo this task. I am not an artsy type person so this was a chore and not a joy to do all of these. It was a joy to be finished.



I searched every place I could think of, including the spots where I had already looked. I even looked back on the clothes line and Sophia was not in the group.



I tried to put it aside and just work on the tasks I could accomplish like washing the kitchen floor. Later I went out to gather the kitchen things from the clothes line. Taking the things off two lines over, what should I find, but Sophia’s napkin. "Oh there you are Sophia!” I said with a smile. What a great find!  No tedious sewing for this lady. What a relief.



Paula

No comments: