Sunday, July 8, 2018

Weather and Bike riding

Hello,



We have been having hot humid weather. When a nice day comes along people are so pleased and happy. It definitely lifts our spirits. Something negative seems to give us new appreciation of the good. I talk to many people who have some health issues that they did not have before. Now they appreciate that ability to do the things that were available to them before. I make new resolves to say thank you to my feet, legs, arms, and all body parts. That resolve controls my thoughts for about two days and then I am off on the path of expecting it all to work as it is “supposed”. How to stay in the grateful mode is not as easy as it looks when peering at it down in the future.



Yesterday Leroy and I rode bikes the twelve to Ely. I stayed to work. He just picked out a couple DVDs and left for the return trip in the cool morning air. It was a wonderful ride down, was it even downhill? Perhaps part of it is. I so like this trail because there is some up and down as well as curves along the river and through the woods. The shade is so appreciated. In the morning there were some walkers, runners, and bike riders. I am happy to see so many out using the trail. After work at 4:00 many bike riders were on that trail so I had to keep alert. Some of them come in chattering groups paying little attention to the traffic ahead. I like to listen to the birds, however, many riders like manmade music. Even though bikes are quiet the music is loud enough that I can often hear it before I meet them and it fades gradually in the distance. I guess I should be grateful that there are others on the trail because I am sure they would help me if I needed. There are some access points along the trail to the roads, but there are also longish stretches that it is just closed off from the outside world.



I was quite tired when I got home. Internal pep talks were what kept me going as I counted the miles covered. I have not ridden in some time consequently my legs and seat were aware of the requirements to get back home. I resolve to ride more frequently. Do you believe it will happen?



Paula

No comments: