Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Reading

Hello,



I have a hard time getting two books read each month for the two book clubs to which I enjoy belonging. How does it happen that there are no kids in the house, but I still find so little time to read? I remember thinking that when I did not have to care for children I would have plenty of time to read. At the library for the summer, adults are challenged to read five books from June to July. Leroy has finished that challenge and gone on to read at least three more books. I have only read three books. He works full time and I work half time. However I spend more time on work around the house than he does even though he contributes here and there. He also does not spend much time on the computer, either looking at things or writing. I spend a bit of time doing both many days. I also bring home many magazines that are ready to be deleted from the library. That gives them one more check out. However I spend a good bit of time looking and learning much about subjects that I would not have access to otherwise.



I used to be able to read the most heart wrenching books without ill effects. Now I find that I cannot read them before going to bed or my dreams are disturbed. It also affects me some during the day. That slows me down quite a lot. Generally I do not read much fluff, however perhaps I will develop a taste for it as my reactions change. I certainly enjoy learning new things when I read. Otherwise there is nothing that really keeps my attention.



Paula

No comments: