Monday, July 23, 2018

Growth or Aging


Hello,



How does it happen that children grow and seniors age? Seems to me that it is much the same process. However one word has a positive feel and the other a negative feel. After all, my body is growing and changing into a new stage of life constantly. I suppose there is no blossoming feeling as we move into the later stages of life. I certainly am still learning new things, some I really do not want to know such as to how much the flesh on the back of my arms can jiggle as it flaps back and forth. How did that come to be without my noticing it growing? Perhaps children feel the same way. It is just that most of their changes are celebrated and mine are pushed under that rug of behind long sleeves.



We have also had to learn about receiving social security and Medicare. All of that required some learning and hoping that we were making the right decision. There are certainly some similarities between us and children or young adults as they try to figure out what path they are going to follow and how it will affect their life in the future. Not all of past experiences and learning help us with the decisions now. Leroy and I are still undecided about what to do when we are finally retired. Perhaps we should never retire. I have never liked taking wrong turns so I sometimes put off making a decision which I know is a decision in itself. Decisions have never been my strong point. Somehow some wonderful things have come into my life in spite of the lack. I am hoping for a clear road sign in the future.



Both the young and the old are growing and aging however, it seems to be labeled differently.



Paula

No comments: