Monday, September 16, 2013

Sunglasses

Hello,

A few days ago when I left for work it seemed overcast enough that I might not want sunglasses. However that changed in an instant just as I was driving up the ramp on the Interstate. The sun was blazing and I was squinting. My sunglasses are the type that has magnets on the ends so they attach to my regular glasses. That makes them much easier for me to put on when I am driving. My first task was to pull the sunglasses case out of my purse. I am rather dictatorial about how I put things away so they were exactly in the side pocket where I expected them to be. Because of traffic I took a little break from extracting my squint preventer and concentrated on the cars around me. In a little bit I managed to open the case and get out the cloth bag that they are in closed in. I suppose I could just store them in the case, but they are too small for all my glasses cases and I believe that cloth bag which they came in protects them from scratching.

So then I got them out of the cloth bag, but again traffic demanded full concentration of my senses. I laid the sunglasses down in the console between the front seats. Gratefully I was able to pick them up in a short while and touch them to my glasses where they clung magnetically. But wait what is that thing I see out of the corner of my eye? I tried to adjust the glasses but they refused to move securely into the magnetic slot and wobbled a little. All this time I am going 55 or 60 mph with numerous cars zooming on all sides changing lanes and otherwise adjusting their positions.

I finally gave up because they were staying on my face and I could drive without squinting and blocking the sun with my hand. When I stopped the car at work it was a relief to look at my glasses to find a paper clip stuck between the glasses and the sunglasses. While on the road, I had thought my brains or hairs were falling out or my vision was really going.


Paula

No comments: