Saturday, September 7, 2013

More Forgetting

Hello,

I called Sarah and Stephen this morning, partly because it is their anniversary. Sarah was at the library and could not speak with me. Somehow when she called back it never crossed my mind. That seems like a true sign of aging.

The other thing forgotten is that I have some rewards points to spend at Sears that are expiring today. It is over $40 so I do not want to lose them. Part of me did not believe that they were expiring so soon, but I forgot to call to check on it until this afternoon. So I will go to the store tonight and spend “money” even though I cannot think of anything I need. I seldom, if ever, just spend money on something that is quite unnecessary. Maybe Leroy needs a tool or some such deal. If I had children at home I suspect it could be gone in a minute or two.

Leroy did go to work this afternoon. He is not at 100% health, but much better than he was. He is out of vitamins; maybe I should get some vitamins while I am out.

I am excited because one of the mums, I got on clearance last year, survived the winter and is now blooming beautifully. I have started to water it on a schedule because of the lack of rain.

This morning at the garden I picked two large zucchini, two cucumbers (one so big I do not like it), and some tomatoes. Most of the tomatoes will be consumed in short order. Leroy never used to eat raw tomatoes and now he can eat and seems to enjoy more of them than I do. Who knew that such a taste change could happen? I had given up on it long ago.


Paula

No comments: