Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Random Thoughts

Hello,

Another interesting thing about my job is that when I am the only person there I must not appear busy even though I am. I once had someone doing other things because they could see that I was working on something. “You should have let me know you were ready to check out,” I admonished lightly.

“I did not want to disturb you,” they said.

I have learned that I should not work at my usual desk because my back is to the library. I tried to listen for people coming in, but sometimes am so engrossed that it passes by without my notice. One of my co-workers who also does not always work the front desk told me that she reads some of the professional magazines so she can be more available. That is indeed a good practice. Before this I have read these only at home since I do not have enough time to get every other thing done at work.

Last week when I left work it was not raining from the ominous looking clouds, but about four miles later it was raining so hard that I wondered if I should get off the road. About three or four more miles and I was driving out of the rain. By the time I was home I could see that we had had no rain. That was only about another three miles. Life changes quickly.

Six year old Sophia told us that she was glad we had come to visit because she does not get to see us very much. My response was both sad and glad: sad because it is true and glad because it matters to her. I hope my other grandkids feel some of the same.  If I were richer would I let myself part with the money and time and fly to see them more times in the year? That might be a test. Where are my priorities?


Paula

No comments: