Sunday, September 8, 2013

Money Spent

Hello,

When Leroy came home last night, I told him that I had to go to the store and spend my points of over $40 or lose them. He said, “I would like to go too.”

Because he seemed tired, I tried to tell him that I could handle it alone, but I am glad that he was there. He suggested that we look at a bike light for me as well as a  bike helmet. I had not thought of those things. They were not on sale so we kept them in mind, but went across the street to ferret out what we could.

I found a blouse for me that I really liked. Leroy wanted some light colored shorts and after some searching we found a pair that fit. I also found a long sleeved shirt for him that we both liked. All of these items were on sale so we only spent about half the money/points. We are learning that we can indeed spend on demand.

That meant a trip back to the original store where I declared, “I almost never ride in the dark; therefore I will just get the bike helmet now. If the lights go on sale I might get one then.”

At the checkout we were pleasantly surprised to learn that we only owed 2 cents. The clerk even exclaimed the second time, “Two cents is your entire bill.” I was happy to have two pennies to give her. Life is full of little pleasures.

This morning I enjoyed the cooler weather as I walked to church. It was also great to have my TV receiving neighbor see me, and call out, “Hello, Paula.”

I feel like I belong. However you should know that the grant for Leroy’s job was denied. The future is God’s and the now is ours.


Paula

No comments: