Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Packing decisions

Hello,

Should the camp lantern, extra flower pots, portable clothesline, garden cart, an odd knickknack, and countless other items be moved or discarded? Neither Leroy nor I like to make these decisions. So far the garden cart is staying and the extra flower pots are going. It would be nice if we could hire packers because they might raise their eyebrows but pack it they would. Then they could forget about it and move on to the next item. We are still discarding. It really knocks down my idea of having already pruned out the unnecessary. How did that happen?

Leroy is still the major packer. I just hold lids, gather stuff, suggest a different position, and sigh. Seems I am good at sighing.

I did get six more petunias for the front flower bed. When fully grown it should look great. I feel better now. This morning I looked out and saw a rabbit hopping around the fence by the impatiens. Five red plants have blossoms open. The real concern is will they be there in the morning? I am hoping.

Now I am cleaning up some flower pots into which I will transplant some gifted herbs after I get more potting soil. Some of them are doing very well. Hopefully this will not be wasted effort. We could even pick some of the basil at this point.

I would really rather talk about Leroy’s health, skin lesions, and underwear. But that will be tomorrow’s letter. Just to keep you in suspense.

Paula

No comments: