Thursday, June 24, 2010

Day after moving

Hello,

Brian had a list of suggested activities, but we were both too tired to do them. Leroy took one nap in the morning and one in the afternoon. I’m not sure that I can account for my time since I did not nap, but I did not read much either.

We went through all of the hastily packed clothes that we brought with us. Both of know that we went overboard in that territory. We could have managed with half of the clothes. No cool heads at this packing job. At least we have not discovered that we forgot many things, so that is good. We just have too much in Brian’s house.

On the drive up Leroy commented, “I do not feel that we have moved, but that we are just going away for a short time off.”

If someone asks for our phone number we can supply that since our phone is as free and easy as we are. I do not know what to say if someone were to ask for my address. Seems I have been in this position before and I do not like it any better now than I did some years back.

What are we doing today? Cleaning the garage floor, cleaning the driveway, pulling weeds, reading books and figuring out how to watch the TV almost.

Daughter Miriam and family will come tomorrow just as Brian and Leroy drive to Iowa to pick up beef. Sophia and I will spend the day here waving goodbye and hugging hello.

Yesterday when I was sorting through the things in my suitcase, the dog Cloe started to cry a little. Did she think I was going to leave so soon after I had gotten here? I am her reliable morning walk partner.

Paula

No comments: