Friday, June 4, 2010

Escaped Ideas

Hello,

The best idea came to me but I did not write it down right away so it has escaped. It even went through my brain twice. How can that be? It is like the fish that got a way, exaggerated beyond all possibility.

Wednesday evening Leroy and I had another one of our evenings in the park. There were some small fallen sticks to burn and I had taken apart the Christmas wreath to pass on the medal. The old needles smelled quite fine and burned with fury. It was beautiful in the park, especially after Leroy picked up the trash around the area. He was quite talented to use two sticks in a chopstick wielding manner to avoid touching any of this garbage.

Last night we got the call at 6:55 about the 7:00 band concert in the gazebo on the square. Leroy changed clothes, I got out lawn chairs, and we trotted off downtown arriving at 7:10. That means we did the famous Bradway walk because I usually take a bit more then ten minutes to cover that distance. It was a wonderful time to sit in the setting sun, feel the breeze flow around us, and munch popcorn. Small town life has something to recommend it.

I cooked the canned pumpkin as pumpkin custard because I did not want to mess with the crust. I told Leroy if he really wanted he could eat it with a graham cracker and pretend it was a graham cracker crust. Instead we ate it topped with plain yogurt and extra cinnamon. It was great so I did it again and I will do it again next week. That will be the last of the home canned things and we will not have to figure out how to move any of it. Yeah! I sweetened the custard with some granulated sugar, sorghum and honey. With wonderful guessing it was not too sweet and very tasty.

I took five boxes of things to the church garage sale. Plus I took over three plant cuttings. I hope someone wants those plant starts. I prune sometimes and it is great to have someone to enjoy those pruned slips.

Just in case you are wondering we still do not know where we are going when we leave here. As of today the projected moving day is June 22, 2010.

Paula

No comments: