Monday, June 7, 2010

Daily Life

Hello,

Optimism gets harder when times are not as I would like. Otherwise I think I am good at it. But the truth comes out eventually.

I still do not want to store our things, but that is the way we are moving as of right now. This no longer looks like a house that people live in, but a place where the contents are preparing to take flight. I am dragging my feet, but that Leroy will be gone next week so he is definitely in packing mode. He has made progress in the garage, basement, the bedrooms, kitchen and living room. The only places that he has stayed out of are the bathrooms and the laundry room. There are no longer any pictures on the walls just calendars.

I had purchased too much of some food items so there is the question store or donate? I suspect there will be some of both. Another issue is what to keep with us for this hiatus of unknown length? What clothes for what climate? What toiletries and how much of anything? It is almost as hard as packing for a year or two over seas.

On a different front, the impatienses are struggling to live in spite of some critter that thinks they make a great late night snack. That has been true of the reds only, until yesterday when part of one of the white ones looked as if some bug were after it then this morning it was eaten down to the stem. I went on the defensive, putting up a chicken wire fence barrier followed by two sticks stuck in the middle sporting flapping, shining unwanted demo cd’s. Surely that will be enough to deter this unknown assailant.

Paula

No comments: