Sunday, June 13, 2010

Accumulations

Hello,

How does accumulation happen? We moved into the duplex in Des Moines with just a big u-haul truck. Now after another move and three years, it seems that an additional trailer might be needed to accommodate all of the things of our life. Three moves might be equal to a fire, but it appears that more is needed for the Bradways to get down to size. Items stick like cockleburs to a dog. In other words we are loaded. Blessings pressed down and running over and over and over.

Tomorrow another woman is going to help pack. I told her, “I am going to sort out some things for packing”.

“That sounds good,” she said, “I wondered how you were going to handle that. I would not want to have others see some of my drawers.”

“Yes,” I laughed, “I do not want you going through my old underwear.”

“Same here,” she responded, “If I were to be in an accident, oh well that is the way it is holey and all.”

So far I have pulled out many things from the kitchen and the linen closet. Next it will be on to my clothes. If I have enough energy I will take out some clothes that will get me through about two weeks and some temperature changes.

Leroy called and he made it safely to confirmation camp. It is about a five hour drive. I was just happy he stayed awake the entire trip especially since he had no time for an afternoon nap. In fact the boys were here and ready to leave before Leroy had finished half of lunch.

Paula

No comments: