Thursday, April 8, 2010

Random thoughts

Hello,

Babysitting and substitute teaching have something in common. Neither a babysitter nor a sub knows exactly how the usual authority person crossed their t’s.

Olivia wanted her doll wrapped in a blanket for the night. When presented with my wrapping job, she informed me that it was not right. Rewrapping gave the results of still not right. One more time for the rewrap, but it was still not right. Now I had to keep my temper under a tight wrap. One more time not right and I had to explain to Olivia that I was not mom, and I was doing the best that I knew. Finally she let it go with just a few tears and baleful looks. I remembered being in the elementary classrooms and being told that it was not like the teacher did it. After a time I got so I told the students up front that I did not know how their teacher did everything, but I would try my best. Usually that helped to pave the way.

For Easter it is great to have a meal planner come visit. I do not like to plan meals. Actually I do not like to plan much of anything. I would rather do. When Brian and Jen came I took Brian to the grocery store to buy the things that I do not usually get such as meat, sugar peanut butter, and cereal. Brian first made meal plans, picked out the things, and then ended up doing most of the preparation. I was quite happy to just follow orders. Such as cut up this onion, or stir the pot. It worked out well. I told Miriam she should do the same when she visits and she informed me that she did not want to visit if that was required.

I think she is more like me in the meal planning territory. We do it at the last minute or almost the last minute.

Pictures of our Easter festivities are up on the following web site.
http://picasaweb.google.com/psbradway/Easter2010#
The first picture is my plant that is blooming after living with me for three years. I am so pleased with it.

Paula

No comments: