Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Leroy's Feet

Hello,

Leroy met with a foot doctor today. He was getting quite anxious about it thinking that he might do some surgery. Leroy pictured himself lying around moaning with his foot elevated or hobbling around for days. At it turns out this guy is all for nonaggressive treatment. He cut off this dead skin thing (Leroy can’t remember the name) growing on the side of Leroy’s little toe. He recommended Leroy do the same as it will probably return. Seems to me the tricky part of that is keeping flexible enough to reach his foot to cut it off. I envision a future of Leroy saying, “Paula, would you cut off this growth?”

Maybe I should tell him to do yoga as I might cut off more than is required. But then the idea of doing minor surgery appeals to me. Who knows? It might give me some leverage.

Then one of Leroy’s big toe nails is incredibly ugly because it has been removed at least twice and grown in malformed. Sometimes it is too tall so Leroy uses a small, small sander to file it off. The doctor said, “I do not like to do that because it makes so much dust, but you can keep doing that on your own.”

Then the last concern is that Leroy has toenail fungus. Since it is so stubborn he did not recommend much but tea tree oil rubbed on it. Leroy is going to give that a try.

Consequently, all of his angst came to naught. That is good. At least now the side of his foot does not hurt since that growth was cut off. He can do anything that he wants to do such as walk, ride the bike, and get disgusted with me.

Paula

No comments: