Sunday, April 18, 2010

computer mysteries

Hello,

On Friday I was looking at my yahoo mail account when a screen came up asking if I wanted to close the tabs. I selected cancel thinking that I would just continue. In a matter of seconds the entire machine was shutting down, followed by a short rest, before the computer turned back on without being prompted by me. When I got back to yahoo mail I discovered that I could not reply, forward, or create a new email. After sending out my letter on my other accounts and posting it on the blog I talked Leroy into going over to church with me to see if I would have better luck with yahoo there as I had forwarded the letter to that account. I need Leroy because there is a password at church and I do not really want to know that, then they can never accuse me of doing anything with the computer.

For reasons not know to me at the time there was no trouble using yahoo. Back home yesterday the problems were still there. After clicking on more images than I care to count I finally got into yahoo help to learn that it might be a problem with the browser that I was using. When I changed the browser I could again use it. That is a relief; we were beginning to think that there was another virus on this computer in spite of our precautions. Maybe all of this is just another good brain cell growing technique. Surely I am smarter now than I was two days ago. If nothing else I am learning new lessons in patience.

I have taken some more pictures of the flower in my house that is now fully open. It is quite beautiful. Barb, thank you for this wonderful gift. It has taken it three years, but it is well worth the wait. The address is http://picasaweb.google.com/psbradway/CliviaAmaryllidaceae#

Leroy has ridden his bike a few times this spring and I went out for five miles for the first ride of the season. It was nice to get out even if my neck/shoulder hurt a bit afterwards. I also notice the tingling in my wrist. Maybe I should get a recumbent.

Paula

No comments: