Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Another Minnesota Day

Hello,

Today Sophia went to day care because Leroy and I will be visiting friends after his class is done for the day.

“Give me a list of jobs,” I told Brian.

“Don’t worry, I can do that,” he said.

It was a nice list, but I did not finish it because I was dragging most of the day. My stomach has not felt good, even at times painful. Yesterday Sophia complained a little of the same thing. Could I have caught some small upset from her?

I did manage to hang out some clothes and get them back in the house. I also vacuumed the downstairs level, as well as pulled some weeds along the back of the house and some thriving dandelions. Other than that I have not been moving very fast.

This morning on our early walk we observed some mallards mating. There was one female and six males. Just as we got closer a seventh male hurried up to join the group, but he was too late as the rest of them flew off and away from us. How do ducks know there is an available female? Sound, sight, or smell? Somehow I was surprised at this activity, but then maybe it is geese who mate for live and none of this vying for the female stuff. It seemed more like dogs around a female in heat. As I have said before there are always new things to learn.

Many of the trees in the park are beautiful and covered with blossoms. This increases our time with spring. It would be nice to take a long trek from the south to the north to extend the joy.

Paula

No comments: